So I couldn't wait on my 3.3v voltage regulator. I decided to switch the car to 5v and use a good old 9v battery. This is what it looked like when I tested the new power system:
This has to be the ugliest RC car ever made.
After getting over the look of the beast, I now have to do the following:
- Test the servo
- Clean up the electronics (there is still some quick prototyping part or assembly)
- Make a more permanent stack assembly for the battery, power regulator and circuit board.
- Programme the Arduino and the Android phone (remote)
This shouldn't be too long. Here's the car running a test with the new power system:
To view the whole project, go here